ITC Conference Grants
- May 31, 2020
ITC Conference Grants for Meetings on the topic of ENOVAT are available during the second grant period between 01 May 2020 and 31 April 2021. Conferences need to be finished before 1 April 2021.
ITCs: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, the North Republic of Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey
Support of PhD students or Early Career Researchers to attend international conferences in the field of the Action.
Eligible criteria for ITC Conference Grants
PhD students or Early Career Researchers (an individual who is up to 8 years post-PhD) from Participating ITC in ENOVAT
- Oral/poster presentation at a conference on the topic of the Action, which are listed in the official event/conference program. ENOVAT COST Action must be acknowledged
Two stages application process
- No more than one application from an applicant per grant period
- Application must be submitted at least 45 days (required but could be shorter – 30 days) before the conference start date
- The application needs pre-approval by the Action MC Core group;
Documents from applicant before conference – I-st stage
- Explanation of the involvement in the COST Action
- Acceptance letter from the conference organizers
- A copy of the abstract or poster
To be evaluated:
- Scientific scope of the proposed participation
- Support of the ENOVAT Action in achieving its scientific objectives
Grant applications must be pre-approved, at the I-st stage. Applicant will be informed.
- Approving ITC grants for payment after the conference – II-nd stage
- The Grantee has max 30 calendar days from the end date of the conference to submit a certificate of attendance and a report to the ITC Conference Grant Manager and the Actions Grant Holder
- Templatefor report is available on Supporting documents on E-cost platform or on-line: http://www.cost.eu/ITC_conference_grant_report_template
- Payment: after approval of the certificate of attendance and a report by the ITC Conference Grant Manager
- Written approval of the report will be sent to the Grant Holder by the ITC Conference Grant Manager
Fixed financial contribution based on the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the applicant.
Do not necessarily cover all the expenses. The support can be used for travel, accommodation and meal expenses.
- up to a maximum of EUR 1 000 in total can be afforded to each successful ITC applicant;
- up to a max 160 EUR per day for accommodation and meal (if they are not covered by the conference, otherwise they are deducted)
- up to a max 500 EUR for the conference fees (conference fee for a virtual conference are acceptable for reimbursement)
Documents are necessary for the conference fee – invoices.
How to apply
Applicants must create a e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu/;
- Initiate the application by pressing “Create Conference Grant Request”
- The following information will be required: Applicant details, Conference Grant details (the conference must end before April 1, 2021), Bank details, Financial support and supporting documents in pdf (CV; explanation of the involvement in the COST Action; acceptance letter from the conference organizers; a copy of the abstract or poster)
Deadline for application
1 March 2021
- User guide for ITC conference grants: