The ESCMID study group for Veterinary Microbiology (ESGVM) is organizing a webinar in July
- June 8, 2023
we are delighted to invite you to the second edition of our Capnocytophaga Webinar series, where we would like to update you on the recent advancements of the Capnocytophaga Consortium project, a project on this fascinating zoonotic pathogen that was initiated by four ESCMID study groups. During this webinar, we will delve deeper into the progress of the strain collection, scientific activities and challenges in clinical diagnostics of Capnocytophaha infections, featuring an interactive Q&A session.
Please save the date for this webinar:
“The Global Capnocytophaga Consortium Webinar 2023: Understanding pathogen evolution and virulence across humans and animals”
Webinar will be organized by ESGVM on July 5th, 2023; 15:00-16:30 CEST
Please register using the following link:
Once you register you will receive an email with the details for attending the webinar.
- Welcome from Prof. Adrian Egli (University of Zurich, Switzerland) and Dr. Els Broens (Utrecht University, Netherlands)
- Capnocytophaga infections: clinical picture & case reports – Dr. Micael Widerström (Umeå University, Sweden)
- Capnocytophaga Consortium Project – progress update – Zoey Germuskova (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Project Scientific update – Dr. Francesco Renzi (University of Namur, Belgium) & Zoey Germuskova (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Challenges in diagnostics and clinical data collection – Dr. Kirstine Søgaard (Aalborg University Hospital, Denmark)
We appreciate your interest and look forward to your participation. Feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues and peers who may also benefit from attending.
On behalf of the Capnocytophaga Consortium Committee